About The Course
The Short Term Creative Graphic Design course at GKLM, Delhi is a creative process, used to convey a message with focus on visual communication and presentation. The field as a whole is also referred to as Communication Design. A graphic designer may use a combination of typography, visual arts and page layout techniques to produce a great design. However, the mind is the most important tool in a graphic designing course. Aside from technology, a creative mind thriving with original ideas, good judgment, observation and investigative thinking are required for creative design layouts and rendering. New ideas can be found through experimentation with tools and methods.
During the Graphics Designing Training
- Relate the primary convictions of shading, organization, pecking order, typography as they relate in the different media like advanced, print, movement, 3D, and so on that exist in outline.
- Reveal the ability to create and grow unique ideas, assemble models, incorporate feedback and bring ventures through to the generation procedure.
- Concern standards of delineation correspondence as they describe to contacting gatherings of people, the part of outline in the public eye, and the capacity to work helpfully.
- Identify key parts of visual communication history, hypothesis and feedback from an assortment of points of view, including conspicuous fashioners, students of history and contemporary scholars and thought pioneers.
- Give you a thought regarding office in the traverse of controls that visual depiction envelops, with profound investigation into data engineering, UI plan, intelligent outline, movement representation, iterative picture making, display plan and typeface plan.
- Exhibit comprehension of the outline procedure, plan deduction and expert gauges and works on, including genuine venture learning situations and a move into setting up a portfolio to enter the working power
Graphic Design Course Syllabus
- The Principles of Graphic Design
Alignment, Balance, Consistency, Repetition, Contrast, Golden Rectangle, Proximity, White space Famous designers: William Golden Design case study 1 Special topic: Designing logos Tutor marked assignment
- Theory of Design
White Space, Shape, Spacing, and Rhythm Design case study 2 Famous designers: Eric Gill Special topic: Designing business cards and letterheads Interactive computer marked assignment
- Colour and Materials
Colour theory Texture Grid Theory Design case study 3 Famous designers: Raymond Loewy Special topic: Designing for books Tutor marked assignment
- How to draw and sketch
Anyone can sketch. In this module we build your confidence and show you the tricks of the trade. Design case study 4 Famous designers: William Bernbach Special topic: Designing web pages Interactive computer marked assignment
- How to use typography History of typography. Current trends. Typography for digital uses Software Graphic tablets Design case study 5 Famous designers: Milton Glaser Special topic: Graphic design tools
- Problem solving, and the design Process Presenting work to clients Design case study 6 Famous designers: Paul Rand Special topic: Trends in web design Interactive computer marked assignment
- History of graphic design The great changes that led to great leaps forward. Design case study 7 Famous designers: Saul Bass Special topic: Flyers and leaflets Tutor marked assignment
- How to create a portfolio How to create a portfolio website Why you should have a blog How to create a blog What to write about Design case study 8 Famous designers: Jan Tschichold Special topic: Designing brochures Interactive computer marked assignment
- Your career as a graphic designer
What are your choices: Self employment, design agency, or client. Design case study 9 Special topic: Designing booklets and Reports Famous designers: Neville Brody Final interactive computer marked assignment
At the end of your course, you will work on a real time Project. You will receive a Problem Statement along with a dataset to work.
Once you are successfully through with the project (reviewed by an expert), you will be awarded a certificate with a performance based grading.
If your project is not approved in 1st attempt, you can take additional assistance to understand the concepts better and reattempt the Project free of cost.